Hi everyone! Hope you had a chance to relax after GEER Week 16-17. We’re already three weeks into Winter 2017! Things are looking calmer, but there’s still a lot going on! Below is your Sunday EnggLink.
Engineering Employment Centre Workshops | Register here
- Interview Skills: Mon. Jan 30 @ 12:00 p.m. | Thu. Feb 2 @ 11
- Leveraging LinkedIn: Mon. Feb 6 @ 12 p.m. | Tue. Feb 7 @ 12:30 p.m. | Wed. Feb 8 @ 11 a.m. | Thu. Feb 9 @ 11 a.m.
- Finding a Job in a Down Economy: Thu. Feb 9 @ 12:30 a.m.
APEGA’s Speed Mock Interviews
Are you prepared for the upcoming interview season? Do you want to gain interview experience and improve your confidence? Register at https://www.apega.ca/educators/university-events/mock-interview/ to attend. Spots are limited! Sessions held in the Solarium.
- Wed. Feb 1 @ 5:00-6:45 p.m. or 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Tue. Feb 7 @ 5:00-6:45 p.m. 0r 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Feb 13-16: NACE Conference on Corrosion in Oil & Gas Pipeline Systems & Oil Sands Operations The National Association of Corrosion Engineers is hosting a major conference, focussing on corrosion in oil and gas pipeline systems and oil sands operations/facilities. A trade show will run in conjunction with the technical presentations. Registration is $25 and can be found at https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1858640. For more information about the conference visit http://nawc2017.naceedmonton.com/.
- Feb 17-19: CANCON 2017 Hosted by the U of A Golden Key Chapter, the CANCON National Conference’s theme is “Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders”. Speakers include Hon. Kim Campbell, Paula Simons, Patricia Paradis and more. Visit: https://gkcancon.com/ for more information and register.
- Tue Jan 31: Graduate Research Showcase
Join the Faculty of Engineering’s graduate students as they showcase their work and research. Engineering lab tours: 1-4 p.m. | Networking session: 4-6 p.m. | Visit: http://www.engineering.ualberta.ca/GraduateStudents/GraduateResearchExcellence/GraduateStudiesWeekShowcase.aspx
- March 13-17: Undergraduate Research Initiative FURCA The U of A Festival of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (FURCA) is an interdisciplinary showcase of undergraduate research. Work completed for courses or co-curricular projects can be presented. To participate (submit a 250-word abstract and details about the project) or find out more information about FURCA, visit http://bit.ly/2fXcIyN. Submissions due on February 1st, 2017. Contact: email@example.com
- May 15-18: CNAM 4th Annual Student Research Symposium & Poster Competition Hosted by the Canadian Network of Asset Managers (CNAM), the symposium will be showcasing asset management research projects in Canadian universities and will provide a platform for communications, collaborations, and networking among young researchers and practitioners in the field of asset management. CNAM is taking submissions of abstracts until February 24th, 2017. For more information about the competition and entrance requirements, visit http://cnam.ca/professional-development/new-professionals-network/2016-student-research-symposium/
- Sat Mar 4: LEED Green Associate (GA) Training
Taking place from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in ECHA Room 1-182. This training session will help you become LEED accredited. The cost for the training course is $200 for full-time students.