ESAF proposals must be made by a full-time undergraduate engineering student. Each student may only access the fund once per academic year. If a submission is rejected, a second proposal (for the same or a different activity), may be put forward.
- No more than 2 students may be fully funded for an individual event, unless strong evidence is given as to why further students should attend. If more than two (2) students apply, successful applications will be decided in the following manner:
- on a first-come-first-serve basis of qualified applications
- by splitting the maximum funds of two (2) students between multiple applicants. The manner in which the funds are split is at the discretion of the committee.
- More than 2 students may attend in the case of team competitions.
- Engineering student group students must apply on an individual basis. Engineering student groups applying for ESAF risk being ineligible for ESGF funding as stated in policy C.2.4.1.b.