First Year Engineering Club (FYEC)
The First Year Engineering Club (FYEC) is a resource to help first year engineering students adapt to a new chapter of school. The club helps to promote a strong sense of community and provides academic guidance by hosting events. FYEC has the responsibility to make sure first year engineers are well represented with the rest of the faculty. FYEC is a great way to get more involved! Several positions are available for first years to run for:
- President: President is the head of FYEC. They make important decisions, organizes the rest of the executives and makes sure the club is running smoothly. The President also sits on the ESS Board of Directors which meets monthly.
- VP Finance: The VP Finance acts as the treasurer. They write cheques for the expenses and keeps track of the club’s financial records.
- VP Academic: The VP Academic tries to make sure the students get enough academic resources. They sit on committees to deal with academic issues, allocate funds and represent the first year on campus boards.
- VP Social: The VP social is in charge of organizing club events. Their job is try to organize fun events for students and keep everyone involved and informed about FYEC activities.
- VP Communications: Any event needs proper advertising to be successful. The VP Communications is in charge of advertising FYEC events, as well as taking minutes at meetings to send to the other executives.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Volunteer Coordinator is in charge of getting volunteers for the FYEC events. They will work closely with VP Social and VP Communications.
- PR Rep: Like all other discipline club, FYEC needs a PR Rep to act as a figurehead for the club. They have to show up at all the team events and get to have lots of fun.