Hey engineers, Happy Pi Week! If you need to unwind after a long week, you’ve come to the right place. This EnggLink should only take a few minutes to read all the way through… maybe only 3.14 minutes? 🍰 Find out about Pi Throw, ESS Election results and more!
Employment Opportunites/Conferences/Get Involved!
- Amazon Job Opportunities: Amazon University Programs has available software development engineering (SDE) roles! They are recruiting for both full time (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/427457) and internship (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/508686) employment.
- Interested in attending the CSCE (Canadian Society of Civil Engineering) Conference in Vancouver? Apply for a $500 bursary from CSCE Edmonton and the CivE faculty. All you need to do is write a 200 to 250 word blurb saying why you are interested in attending the conference and what interests you about sustainable infrastructure. Email Jackie Prior at email@example.com with submissions by March 15.
- Civil Club Elections: Interested in running for a position in the Civil Club? Email Rana at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a nomination package (due on Thu. March 16 at 5PM). Elections are only open to Civil and Environmental Engineering Students.
First Year Nights
First years! Find out more about engineering disciplines at the First Year Nights – hear from profs or senior students about their experiences, or at the very least enjoy some free food.
- March 13: Electrical, Computer, & Engineering Physics | ETLC Solarium | 5 – 7 PM | RSVP: email@example.com
- March 14: Petroleum Engineering | 8th Floor D-ICE | 5 – 7 PM | RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/petroleum-engineering-first-year-information-night-tickets-31615894993
- March 16: Mining Engineering | 2nd Floor Faculty Club | 3 – 8 PM | RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mining-engineering-1st-year-information-night-tickets-31612427622
- March 21: Chemical Engineering | ETLC Solarium | 5 – 7 PM | RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/chem-e-first-year-night-2017-tickets-32628773540
- March 22: Mechanical Engineering | ETLC Solarium | 5- 7 PM | RSVP: https://docs.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/forms/d/1iO4TAPfHTIy4XIqmFLfI1B151IxkMkk6uiz9foy8nUo/edit
- March 30: Materials Engineering | ETLC Solarium | 5 – 7 PM | RSVP: TBD