University of Alberta Engineering Competition
The University of Alberta Engineering Competition is an annual competition at the University of Alberta. UAEC consists of various design and presentation events to challenge students to apply their skills to the solution of engineering problems. The goal of UAEC is to encourage students to develop their design and communications skills in a non-classroom environment. Participants and winners of UAEC are subsidized if they choose to attend the Western Engineering Competition. For more information, please contact the UAEC Coordinator.
The events are:
- Consulting Engineering – Design a solution to an industry problem currently faced by a recognized corporation.
- Extemporaneous Debate – Traditional two person debate teams will debate issues of relevance to engineers.
- Engineering Communications – Identify a complex technolgical issue or process and present in a manner that the general public can understand.
- Innovative Design – Design a marketable product or service not currently available in Canada (e.g. 4th year design projects).
- Junior Team Design – Design a solution to a previously undisclosed project. (First and second year students only.)
- Senior Team Design – Same as junior, but harder. (Must be in at least third year.)
Western Engineering Competition
Held at the end of January, the Western Engineering Competition brings engineering students from across western Canada together to compete in a number of events such as team design, debate, and entrepreneurial design. Any engineering student is welcome to attend, and students who participate in the University of Alberta Engineering Competition will be eligible for better deals.
Canadian Engineering Competition
Held in the beginning of March, the Canadian Engineering Competition brings engineering students from across Canada together to compete in a number of events such as team design, debate, and entreprenuerial design. Only engineering students who place first or second at the Western Engineering Competition are allowed to attend CEC.